We are serious about safety. We have a Safety Director and a comprehensive Safety Program. All O’Neal Construction meetings begin with a safety topic. We do not want injuries of any kind on any project.
Safety starts with the President. He fosters a culture of safety with Project Managers, Superintendents, Estimators, Field Personnel and Subcontractors. It is not a marketing campaign, it is real, on every project and in every meeting. Every worker must go home to their family at the end of every day.
Through education and training, our team is prepared. We develop site specific safety programs, and all personnel are provided with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), such as safety glasses, hard hats and reflective vests. We also are certified to conduct First Aid, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automatic External Defibrillator (AED) training.
MIOSHA Take a Stand Day – Annual participant since 2011
CAM Safety Achievement Award – Honorable Mention recipient since 2014
O’Neal Construction’s Vice President of Quality leads our effort to achieve the Zero Defect Project. Major components of the program are:
- Developing a quality awareness
- Performing a document review during design prior to construction
- Holding pre-installation meetings
- Conducting project inspections
- Studying, documenting and correcting any problems
- Researching details, materials and installation procedures
- Developing standard details
- Performing post-occupancy inspections
- Sharing what is learned with others in the industry